Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Red Epitaph: A Dream



Oh dreaming! That may sound overly simplistic, but that’s where it starts. Imagination is the arsenal that brings a dream to life. Some people dreams in sleep. And some people can’t sleep making that dream real.

 My dream? It’s not just a hallucination, it’s more than that. It lies inside the red bricks of Curzon Hall. I can still smell the ancient history of Curzon Hall. My dream is to study there. It is the heart of Dhaka University and the heart of thousands of students of science faculty. And it is the place where the young students upraise their voice against the language policy that Mohammad Ali Jinnah tried to impose. I want to be a part of that glorious history. I can give millions of exams sitting in town hall with a smiling face. I want to spend the whole night just gossiping in the moon light. I want to represent an idea, I want to represent possibilities. I want to fall in love with this ruby paradise  millions of times again and again and again.
 
 But should I be looking for my dream job, or trying to monetize my passion? Is that a recipe for happiness…….or a recipe for disaster ? Definitely it would be a disaster ! People who are running toward their dreams, life has a special kind of meaning. And this is what I believe……..I can make my parents proud, I can make my college proud , I can judge millions of people’s lives. And the world will never be the same again. Because I came this way. I can imagine thousands of black graduation caps flying high up in the air when the pale afternoon sun dipped low over the red paradise. With the help of my mind palace I can see my own graduation cap just there, among the thousands.
Do you believe in infinity? I do believe. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. And my infinity is to become a bright member of Curzon Hall. And I want to place my name in the abyss of those bloody red bricks; the red epitaph. This is what I’m dreaming of.

No comments:

Post a Comment